Hi! Thought I would tell you who I am and what I am about. I’m Katie and I have two amazing boys, or I should say 1 is a little 10 pounder and 1 is a 200 pounder. I am married to a wonderful man named Noel Mathison and have been since May 22, 2010. We now have a precious baby boy named Kellan who was born on March 30, 2011. I wanted to share some things about Noel first…
– Loves hockey, Vancouver Canucks to be exact, and woohoo because this year they are in the Stanley Cup Finals!!! (Winning 2-0 in the series, I might add!)
– Will eat anything and everything that I cook and bake for him.
– Never puts his clothes inside the hamper, always on top or on the floor beside it.
– Cooks breakfast every Sunday morning for us.
– Is an amazing husband, and a wonderful Daddy to our little boy.
– Loves doing yardwork and anything outdoors…
on our spring wedding day
Now, for some little tidbits about our little Kellan:
– His full name is Kellan Atwood Mathison.
– Atwood came from Noel’s Grandpa’s middle name, and Kellan because that was the first name we actually agreed on waaay back when we were just 8 weeks preggo or so and over the course of my pregnancy we grew even more in love with it.
– I measured him last night and he is just about 25 inches long and I am guessing 10 pounds?? Not 100% sure but we will find out this month how much he weighs!!
– He is an exclusively breastfed babe (unless Mommy and Daddy go out for a dinner date, then he gets a bottle maybe once a week, if at all) and loves eating exactly every 2 hours… if that is delayed for some reason he is one upset little dude!
– Has these two cute wrinkles above his left eye and when he is nursing he opens his eyes really wide and they perk up, makes me smile…
– Sleeps through the night (knock on wood) and has pretty much since he was 3 weeks old. He first started getting up at 3 or 4am and now he sleeps from 8:30pm until 6am which makes me one happy Mommy!
We have one puppy, or I should say dog, named Callum and a precious little cat named Braden Prada and he is quite sassy, even for a boy. As a matter of fact, last night he brought in a bird and was very proud of that, he was just laying next to it staring at it, I got scared and had to usher Noel in to take it outside… sick! I thought it was a dead mouse, eww that would have been even worse! Thank god Noel was home because I would have covered it up with a cup and left it there all day until Noel came home from worky. We have a very busy life, already, but very fulfilling, and especially for me because I get to stay at home with Kellan every day just focus on being a Mommy and wife. Some other little things about me are:
– Absolutely love hockey! Watching it on TV, live, Noel, Dad or my two little brothers gives me so much joy and makes me smile!! I must say that ol’ Ovechkin has been my favorite player to watch this year (Noel thinks he is my celebrity boyfriend, which makes me laugh, but oh well).
– I love cooking and baking! Baking more than cooking, just because I really enjoy sweet treats, but cooking brings me satisfaction because I know that Noel and I will get to sit down, hopefully together, and eat a healthy meal every evening.
– My pregnancy was perfect, no flaws or complications and I cannot wait to be pregnant again, it was a very interesting experience.
– Giving birth was something I will never forget and truly made me a much stronger, determined and capable woman! All the ladies know what I am talking about…
– Being a Mommy and wife are two roles that I have been graciously adjusting to with ease.
– I am an Auntie to 3 nieces: Maya, Hailey and Allison, and 2 nephews: Eli and Jackson.
– Today, marks two years that I have been sober!!! One of the greatest accomplishments of my life!
on our beautiful wedding day
on our honeymoon in Puerto Vallarta, first day at the pool, horray!
us on our honeymoon
Okay my rambling is done for the day… welcome to my world!