A day late, not a dollar short…
1. Yesterday I spent a few hours canning my little heart away. My husband brought me an entire lug of cherries. I don’t know if he knew exactly what I was going to do with it, but I decided I would can every last one of those two-biters, raw-pack style in quart jars. 18 quart jars to be exact. I used a medium syrup, and they turned out beautifully. Gaze your eyes:
2. We have officially started eating our very own fresh corn. I had bought some seeds from EdenBrothers.com and corn was on my list to buy. Now I bought these seeds back in January, but I did research all our vegetables and seeds before making our final purchase. Before we went out to the garden to pick an ear, Noel said “I hope you didn’t buy feed corn babe”, thanks babe. I looked at him, probably rolled my eyes, and then chuckled. I knew for 100% certainty, that I did not buy feed corn, I bought multi-colored corn. So, we walked outside, picked the ear, Noel pulled off the outer leaves and there was a beautiful yellow and white mix of corn before our very eyes! He took a bite, I took a bite, and then we handed it to Kellan who munched on it for a while, then tried feeding it to our cat. A hit! So, I bought the right type of corn seeds, and I think next year, I will buy more than one packet, so we can have a few more rows of this tasty corn!
3. I have decided we are a winter loving family. It is my favorite time of year, Noel agreed, and the two boys, well I am sure they agree with Mama and Dada, right? Who doesn’t love to snuggle with your family by the fire and drink hot cocoa? Yes, we live in the 1930’s. Thank you.
4. My Mom, Kellan and myself drove to Cheney for the weekend. We wanted to go on a road trip and visit some of our favorite people. My sister, her husband, and two kiddo’s. It was fabulous! We did so much. Went to a water park, went to the mall, went to Mobius (an awesome science center, Wenatchee needs one of these so badly!), stayed up late and talked, ate popcorn, BBQed, and just watched the cousins play.
5. The countdown is on for our family vacay. We are going to Maui in exactly 24 days. Booyah!
6. Have already started the packing for Maui. Sunscreen, check. Tanning oil, check. Bathing suits, check. What more do we need??
7. I am in love with Noel. In case you didn’t know that already. He is such a keeper, and I am one very lucky lady!! Could not have found a better man, best friend, and Daddy. I love you babe!
8. Need to start getting my lasagna ready for our dinner tonight…
9. Currently drinking a diet coke and eating dried mangos. If you have not tried these, I urge you to go drive out to Bountiful Fruit (on your way to Chelan) and pick up a 12 oz. package. To. Die. For.
10. This is my last week in the 2nd trimester. I can’t believe it. This pregnancy is going by way faster than Kellan’s. I keep on having dreams that the baby is a week or two early. And this is making me a bit nervous, because Kellan was full term, in fact two days late, and I had planned on that for baby brother. I wonder if he will throw me a curve ball and arrive early. Every pregnant woman knows the vivid dreams you get while pregnant. Some have no truth to them, but others turn out to be accurate. I just wonder what will happen towards the end of this pregnancy. Either way, we are ready and prepared. The only thing I don’t have is newborn size swaddler Pamper’s. Probably should go buy some of those bad boys soon.
Have a beautiful Wednesday!!