As I promised, here is the recipe for the Crab & Shrimp Mushrooms:
(These are the measurements if you want 12 mushrooms filled. However because I found that the stuffing recipe makes more than what it says, I would say these are the measurements if you want to make at least 18 mushrooms. Depends on how full you stuff the mushrooms, I filled mine and the filling was mounding over like a volcano on top.)
- 1 (8 ounce) package softened cream cheese (or reduced fat)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon Italian bread crumbs
- 1 green onion, chopped (I would use at least two)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (I used lime juice and it tasted just fine!)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (6 ounce) can snow crab, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can small shrimp, drained
- 12 large white mushrooms, stems removed (if you own a melon baller, I found that to work like a charm! No fuss, no muss.)
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs (this is for after you stuff the mushrooms you put some more bread crumbs on top. This measurement is waaaay off. I just sprinkled some crumbs on top, because I didn’t want to over-do it, and they turned out perfectly! So I’d say it’s up to the chef in the kitchen, eyeball it.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. (I didn’t spray mine, you don’t have to because of all the juices soaking through from the mushrooms.)
- Place cream cheese, egg yolk, 1 tablespoon bread crumbs, green onion(s), lemon (lime) juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a mixer. Mix until smooth and evenly blended. Fold in the snow crab and shrimp. Stuff the mushrooms with this mixture. Then lightly sprinkle the filled mushrooms with the remaining bread crumbs to coat. Place onto baking sheet stuffing-side-up.
- Bake in preheated oven until the mushrooms have softened slightly, 12 to 14 minutes. Set oven to low broil, and broil mushrooms for a few minutes (I did about five minutes) until the tops are golden and bubbly.
Enjoy my friends! Delicious. Plus Kellan and myself are still munching away on the extra filling during lunch. We simply eat it with some Ritz crackers, and it is ooh so good! Have a beautiful Tuesday.